• Construct an extension of New Vail Street from Keith Avenue to Holabird Avenue in Baltimore City, MD - $24M
This project will provide direct access to the Chesapeake Commerce Center from the Port of Baltimore and improve travel time for thousands of trucks.
• Construct Blandair Bridge over the James and Patty House Memorial Parkway/MD 175 - $12M
This project will connect the north and south sections of the park in a community and commuter friendly manner, while also providing access and maintaining traffic flow on MD 175 by constructing an overpass with ramps and roundabouts on either side.
• Construct Intermodal Rail Terminal, Maryland – $75M
A new intermodal terminal in Maryland will provide capability for the rail movement of industry-standard double stack, hi-cube containers in and out of the Baltimore – Washington region. This terminal will be the only such yard in the State of Maryland and will enable significant increased rail capacity in a highly congested rail and trucking region of the nation. Such capacity expansion will improve freight fluidity and reduce highway congestion, providing additional benefits to safety, the environment and passenger mobility. When completed, this project will enable businesses in this region to connect to and compete in the global economy.
• Construct new extension of Dolfield Boulevard, MD - $5M
This project is a critical North/South roadway link. It has been identified in the Baltimore County Master Plan and is necessary to alleviate congestion in the Owings Mills area.
• Construction of roadway improvements in the vicinity of Fort George G. Meade, MD - $30M
In light of the planned BRAC expansion, this project will upgrade existing intersections around Fort George G. Meade, MD to improve safety, operations and access.
• Design Baltimore Green Line, MD - $188M
The Green Line seeks to alleviate congestion, improve regional mobility, and offer expanded public transportation alternatives in an already heavily traveled regional corridor. The Green Line is proposed to run from the Johns Hopkins Medical Campus to northeast Baltimore in the vicinity of Morgan State University and Good Samaritan Hospital.
• Design and construct a new roadway linking Boston and O'Donnell Streets, Baltimore, MD - $27.2M
This project will carry out the vision of major developments such as Canton Crossing, Brewer’s Hill, Greeektown, and Harbor Point with a new road linking Boston and O’Donnell Streets.
• Design and construct a roundabout at the intersection of Key Highway and Light Street in Baltimore, MD - $4.8M
This project will create an urban roundabout at Key Highway and Light Street, further strengthening the surrounding communities and improving pedestrian and vehicular safety at one of Baltimore’s highest accident-rate locations. It will also create a more pedestrian-friendly street crossing and gateway that welcomes tourists to the Federal Hill area from the Inner Harbor, with the brick crosswalks, enhanced street lighting and new landscaping.
• Design and Construct Baltimore Red Line, MD - $1.3B
The Baltimore Red Line is a proposed 14-mile light rail or bus rapid transit line extending from the Woodlawn area of Baltimore County, Maryland through downtown Baltimore City to the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Campus in East Baltimore. The Red Line would improve public transit for many Baltimore City and Baltimore County commuters and residents. The corridor served by the project includes much of the most significant economic growth anticipated in the Baltimore Region. The Red Line will thus alleviate congestion, improve regional mobility, and offer expanded public transportation alternatives in an already heavily traveled regional corridor.
• Design and construct the Herring Run Trail in Baltimore City, MD - $3.2M
This project will provide a multi-modal link among major employment centers, neighborhoods and recreational facilities in Northeast Baltimore, thus encouraging less automobile use by area citizens, improving the overall health of the community and decreasing carbon output.
• Design and reconstruct the Harford Road Bridge over Herring Run in Baltimore, MD - $11.2M
This project will create a safer connection for the nearly 20,000 visitors, residents and commuters traveling through this major North-South Gateway for the City of Baltimore.
• Reconstruct Haven and Danville Streets in Baltimore City, MD - $8M
This project will carry out the vision and viability of major developments such as Canton Crossing, Brewer’s Hill, Greektown, and Harbor Point with the addition of a truck bypass from the Canton Industrial area to I-95. This bypass will reduce truck impacts on these surrounding neighborhoods and reduce congestion and traffic for residents and commuters alike.
• Reconstruct Holabird Avenue between Ponca Street and Dundalk Avenue - $8M
This project will carry out the vision and continued growth of the Port of Baltimore by resurfacing and/or reconstructing Holabird Avenue between Ponca Street and Dundalk Avenue. This will provide for an improved streetscape and safer road conditions for the continued mix of truck and general vehicular traffic.
• Rehabilitate BWI Airport Rail Station, MD - $126M
The BWI Rail Station has remained virtually unchanged since the Station’s dedication in 1980 and is now functionally outdated and too small to handle both existing and projected commuters that use the stations daily. This project would upgrade the station to allow for current and projected commuter use.
• Rehabilitate West Nursery Road Bridge over MD 295, Anne Arundel County, MD - $11.2M
Improvements include replacing the structurally deficient bridge decks of the current structure on West Nursery Road over MD 295 in Anne Arundel County, and providing additional capacity by widening the roadway from four to six lanes in order to address the increased congestion as a result of economic development.
• Replace and purchase buses for the Baltimore Metropolitan Area – Bus Replacement, MD - $100M
Purchase buses for use in the Baltimore Metropolitan Area.
• Replace and purchase buses for Maryland Statewide Locally Operated Transit Systems, MD - $60M
Purchase buses for Maryland Statewide Locally Operated Transit Systems.
• Plan, design, and acquire right-of-way for an intermodal transit station at the East Baltimore Life Sciences Park, Baltimore, MD - $8M
This initiative will expand the partnership between Baltimore City and the East Baltimore Development Incorporation to embark on an ambitious undertaking to turn 80 blighted acres into a viable mixed-use and residential community focused on life sciences. Current funding would initiate street construction, repair sidewalks, enhance street lighting, and provide for many other pedestrian amenities.