The American Rescue Plan: Help Is Here for Maryland
Help is finally here for Maryland.
Three weeks ago, President Joe Biden signed the American Rescue Plan into law and distributed desperately needed COVID-19 relief to people in every corner of the country.
Thanks to the American Rescue Plan:
- Stimulus checks are on the way to Marylanders.
- Families can put food on the table, keep roofs over their heads and lift children out of poverty.
- Laid-off workers have access to affordable health insurance and expanded unemployment benefits.
- Schools are receiving targeted resources to help reopen safely and protect students, teachers and staff.
- Small businesses have new opportunities to secure grants and loans to stay afloat and keep employees on the payroll.
- State and local governments are ramping up vaccine distribution, working to bring the virus under control and maintaining critical services for our communities.
On my website, you can find an in-depth digest of the comprehensive aid that’s on the way to Maryland via the American Rescue Plan.
In the coming weeks and months, I’ll continue to share information and updates about how this consequential COVID-19 relief package will help Marylanders prevail over the pandemic.
Congressman John Sarbanes
Maryland’s Third Congressional District