Guarding Against Fraudsters, Spammers and Scammers
Last weekend, I held a Consumer Protection Forum in Columbia (pictured below) to give Marylanders tips on how to avoid identify theft and how to prevent common scams.
If you weren't able to attend the event, and if you'd like more information about consumer protection tips, visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/.
You may also be interested in these additional resources:
- FTC Scam Alerts
- FTC Fraud Trends
- FTC Tips on Avoiding a Broad Range of Scams
- ID Theft Victim Assistance
- Maryland Attorney General Consumer Protection Division
- U.S. Postal Inspector (For filing a mail fraud complaint.)
- File a fraud claim with the FTC online, or talk to a live counsellor at 877-FTC-HELP (382-4357).
As always, if you need help with a consumer protection issue or with other constituent services, please contact my office in Towson at (410) 832-8890.
John P. Sarbanes
Maryland's Third Congressional District