Staying Safe from the Omicron Variant
Maryland has seen record numbers of COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations and a growing number of deaths over the last week. Our health care delivery system is under extreme stress. As we work together to fight the Omicron variant, I know Marylanders have many questions like:
- How does the Omicron variant compare to other variants?
- How worried should you be if you’re vaccinated and boosted? What about if you’re unvaccinated?
- What symptoms should you be on the lookout for? What should you do if you have symptoms?
- What is the best kind of mask to wear to protect yourself and others?
- How long is this surge going to last?
To answer these questions and share the latest health guidance, I recently held an information session with Dr. Joshua Sharfstein, Vice Dean for Public Health Practice and Community Engagement and Professor of the Practice in Health Policy and Management at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Director of the Bloomberg American Health Initiative.
Watch the information session:
In this session, Dr. Sharfstein provides comprehensive, up-to-date information that can help you protect yourself and your loved ones. I found it valuable, and I hope you will too.
John P. Sarbanes
Maryland's Third Congressional District