Democracy Reform Task Force Issues Second Report Documenting President Trump’s Ongoing Failure to “Drain the Swamp”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Democracy Reform Task Force Chair Rep. John Sarbanes (D-Md.) today led House Democrats in unveiling a new report, “200 Ways in 200 Days: How the Trump Administration Continues to Flood Swamp in Washington.” The report builds on a previous report unveiled in April by the Democracy Reform Task Force.
This new report illustrates 200 ways in which the Trump Administration – barely 200 days into its first term – has flagrantly disregarded ethics laws and standards that prevent public corruption and encourage accountability.
“After only six months in office, it’s clear that President Trump would rather side with D.C. insiders than work hard for the American people,” said Democracy Reform Task Force Chair Rep. Sarbanes. “This new report shows how President Trump is profiting from the presidency, weakening government transparency and advancing special-interest policies that will cause real harm for many Americans. In just 200 days, the Trump Administration’s ill will has poisoned our democracy. We must return to a government of, by and for the people.”
The new report highlights several ways in which the Trump Administration has weakened accountability and reduced good governance in Washington. This includes:
- Making a Mockery of Ethics Law and Regulation
- Promoting a Culture of Secrecy in the Executive Branch
- Stacking His Cabinet with Big Money Campaign Donors
- Installing a Special Interest Revolving Door into the Trump White House
- Putting Big Money Ahead of the Public Interest
- Turning the Presidency into a Profit-Making Enterprise
- Pursuing Public Policy for His Personal Benefit
- Raiding the Treasury to Pay for Vacation & Private Business Promotion
See here for a full copy of the report.